- Mar. 14, 2020 - Ventura County Public Health Updated Release: Child's Results Negative from Children's Hospital LA and VC Public Health | Español
Ventura, CA – UPDATE: The presumptive positive case for an 8-year-old being treated at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles was retested by Los Angeles Children’s Hospital with a new sample from the child. The results were negative. Ventura County Public Health retested the original specimen and also had a negative result. The same specimen is with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Ventura County Public Health is waiting for the official results. “Ventura County Public Health can no longer confirm a case of community transmission at this time. This is good news, it may put us further ahead on the curve of preventing the widespread outbreak of COVID-19 in Ventura County,” said Ventura County Public Health Officer, Doctor Robert Levin. Read more...
- Mar. 13, 2020 - 2 Presumptive Positive Cases Announced | Español
Ventura, CA – Ventura County Public Health has announced two new presumptive positive COVID-19 cases: 1) The first case is a person who had traveled from Egypt. The person has had limited public contact and remains under home quarantine. 2) The second case is an 8-year-old child. The child was treated multiple times over the past month for an underlying condition. The child has not attended school for more than 14 days. The child is now being treated at a hospital outside of Ventura County. At this time, the Ventura County Public Health Lab has conducted 112 COVID-19 tests. There is 1 positive case and 4 presumptive positive cases pending confirmation from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Read more...
- Mar. 13, 2020 - Ventura County School Closures (vcemergency.com)
Ventura, CA – View the list of current Ventura County school closures. Read more...
- Mar. 12, 2020 - County of Ventura Declares Local Health Emergency in Response to Novel Coronavirus Activity | Declaration of Local Health Emergency | Español
Ventura, CA – A second travel related COVID-19 case has been reported in Ventura County. The traveler returned from a trip to Italy, became symptomatic and sought medical attention. The testing was completed by a health care provider in Los Angeles County. The traveler is under home quarantine in Ventura County. The test is presumptive until it is confirmed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. At this time, the Ventura County Public Health Lab has conducted 77 COVID-19 tests. There is 1 positive, travel related, case of COVID-19 in Ventura County and now 1 presumptive positive travel related case. There are 25 travelers on home quarantine. There are no confirmed cases of person-to-person transmission in Ventura County. Read more...
- Mar. 11, 2020 - Ventura County Public Health COVID-19 Update: 2nd Presumptive Positive Case Reported | Español
Ventura, CA - Today, the Ventura County Public Health Department declared a local health emergency in response to 1) increased spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) across the country 2) in alignment with the Governor of California’s Declared State of Emergency and mass gathering guidance 3) an increase of local cases. There are currently 3 travel related cases in Ventura County. As of today, 95 people have been tested by the Ventura County Public Health Lab for COVID-19, 2 results are pending confirmation and 22 travelers are on home quarantine. Read more...
- Mar. 06, 2020 - Ventura County Public Health reports one presumptive positive case of COVID-19 | Español
- Mar. 03, 2020 - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness: Public Health Urges Preparedness for Social Distancing | Español
- Feb. 28, 2020 - Public Health update novel coronavirus | Español
- Feb. 24, 2020 - Statement from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services on potential use of Naval Base Ventura County – Point Mugu for quarantine | Español
- Feb. 13, 2020 - Update from Ventura County Public Health: Test Results are Negative for Pending Novel Coronavirus Case in Ventura County | Español
- Feb. 10, 2020 - Update from Ventura County Public Health on 2019 Novel Coronavirus | Español
- Feb. 5, 2020 - What you need to know about 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) | Español
- Feb. 2, 2020 - Ventura County Public Health Department Safety Alert – Novel Coronavirus | Español
For the most up to date information regarding the 2019 novel coronavirus, plesae visit