Ventura, CA – The County of Ventura’s second COVID-19 Business Assistance Grant Program for businesses and nonprofit organizations opens for pre-registration March 24-March 30 and applications will be accepted March 31 at 8 am to April 6 at 6 pm. The $20 million assistance program offers $5,000-dollar grants for Ventura County based businesses and nonprofits who did not receive the first round of grants.
“The COVID-19 pandemic has caused severe economic and health impacts in our community. The County with the support of the Board of Supervisors, hopes this funding can help provide some relief to businesses and nonprofits who have been seriously impacted,” said Mike Powers, County Executive Officer. “We also encourage our community members to shop local and support local businesses as much as possible as we move forward.”
The County Board of Supervisors has been committed to providing local assistance directly to the community to help with COVID-19 impacts. $120 million has been provided in local assistance throughout pandemic response. Local assistance has included funding for Project Roomkey and Project Homekey, senior nutrition and food delivery programs, rental assistance program, business assistance program, city support, Food Share support, Farmworker Assistance and support for local non-profit hospitals.
The business assistance grants will help alleviate impacts from COVID-19 for allowed uses such as payroll support, rent and lease payments, costs for personal protective equipment, purchases related to the operation of the business and extraordinary business expenses for adhering to compliance protocols and reopening.
Basic Eligibility Criteria
- Must have a physical location and operations in Ventura County
- Must have been in business prior to 2021
- Annual gross revenue must be between $25,000 and $2.5 million
- Must have not received a County of Ventura COVID-19 Business Assistance Grant in 2020 (prior grant recipients are not eligible to apply)
- Nonprofit organization must be qualified as exempt from taxation under Internal Revenue Code section 501(c)(3), 501(c)(6), or 501(c)(19)
- Churches and other faith-based institutions may apply
- Must show a history of compliance with Covid-19 safety and health orders
- Government-issued Photo ID
- Tax Returns from 2019 or 2020
- Proof of Physical Address in Ventura County (See website for a list of acceptable documents)
- Signed and dated IRS Form W-9
- Nonprofits must show IRS Determination Letter
If the program funding exceeds the number of eligible applicants, priority will be given to organizations that meet the following priority factors: woman-owned business, minority/person of color-owned business, veteran-owned business, organization located in low-moderate income communities, and organizations with employees.
All eligibility, use of funds, required documentation and additional information can be reviewed at www.vcbusinessgrants.org or by calling 888-405-1004.