With COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations continuing to rise as a result of the highly transmissible Delta variant, Ventura County Public Health officials are urging everyone that is currently eligible to get vaccinated and strongly recommending that everyone wear masks indoors in public places, regardless of vaccination status.
The vaccines have been effective in keeping our hospitalizations and deaths far lower than previous surges. We urge anyone that has not yet been fully vaccinated to do so as soon as possible.
Vaccination locations include local doctor offices, community clinics, and pharmacies. Several of these sites, including the Public Health Clinics in Oxnard and mobile clinics, offer walk-in options with on-site registration assistance on various days and hours. Visit www.vcrecovers.org/vaccine for an updated listing of where to get vaccinated.
Use Face Masks Indoors
Given that the highly transmissible Delta variant is estimated to be causing the majority of new cases in Ventura County, the state and the nation, and given the increase in cases among the fully vaccinated, we continue to strongly advise that everyone, regardless of vaccination status, use face masks while indoors in public spaces. Masks are required for unvaccinated individuals in indoor public settings and businesses including retail, restaurants, theaters, family entertainment centers, meetings, state and local government offices serving the public, among others. We strongly urge that individuals and businesses strictly adhere to this guidance.
Ventura County is aligned with the California Department of Public Health’s (CDPH) masking guidance. As a reminder, CDPH requires that all individuals wear masks in the following indoor settings, regardless of vaccination status:
- On public transit (examples: airplanes, ships, ferries, trains, subways, buses, taxis, and ride-shares) and in transportation hubs (examples: airport, bus terminal, marina, train station, seaport or other port, subway station, or any other area that provides transportation)
- Indoors in K-12 schools and childcare settings
- Emergency shelters and cooling centers
- Healthcare settings
- State and local correctional facilities and detention centers
- Homeless shelters
- Long Term Care Settings & Adult and Senior Care Facilities
Please be reminded that current Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and CDPH COVID testing guidelines recommend testing for COVID-19 if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or have had close contact with a known or suspect case, regardless of vaccination status.
Please visit www.vcrecovers.org/testing for the latest information on testing and test sites. Testing is available through health providers, employers and private vendors. Testing is also available at three state-sponsored test sites.
There is no fee for testing at the state sponsored sites:
- Fillmore Middle School: Open Monday – Thursday, 12 pm – 8 pm.
- Conejo Valley Unified School District Office Grounds: Open daily 8 am – 8 pm, closed Tuesdays.
- To open on Aug. 11, 2021: Oxnard Performing Arts Center: Open Monday – Thursday, 8 am – 8 pm.