Oxnard, CA – Ventura County Regional Energy Alliance (VCREA) is partnering with EV Advocates of Ventura County to host the safe, outdoor Oxnard Electric Vehicle (EV) Showcase and Ride n’ Drive event on September 26th at the Channel Islands Harbor. The public is invited to meet with local EV owners, test drive a variety of EVs from local dealerships, and learn from industry experts. This free event is part of National Drive Electric Week’s (September 25 – October 3) online and in-person events occurring in more than 180 communities across the country that highlight the climate, clean-air benefits, and cost-savings provided by driving an EV.
Chair of the Board of Supervisors, Linda Parks, stated “This is a great opportunity for the public to learn about the wide range of EVs that can fit most every lifestyle and budget. By increasing access to EVs, we are supporting the state’s goal of putting five million zero-emission cars on its roads by 2030. A switch to cleaner transportation options frees the community from the gas pump and reduces air pollution; plus, these cars are incredibly efficient and convenient to drive.”
When: Sunday, September 26, 2021, 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Where: Channel Islands Harbor, 3610 South Harbor Blvd, West Channel Park, Oxnard, between Cabezone Circle and Barracuda Way, just south of the Farmers Market.
Attention: The event will adhere to all County and National Drive Electric Week Covid-19 Safety Requirements and Guidelines (https://driveelectricweek.org/event-safety). All attendees and volunteers are required to wear face masks whenever they are within six feet of another person. Masks and hand sanitizer will be available at the event.
To find more information or to RSVP, visit https://driveelectricweek.org/event?eventid=2857.
There are also a range of free virtual and safe, in-person EV events occurring in the Tri-county Region (Ventura, Santa Barbara, and San Luis Obispo (SLO) counties) throughout the week. These events, hosted by our regional partners, highlight the many benefits – including affordability – of all-electric and plug- in hybrid cars, trucks, motorcycles, and more:
- Saturday, 9/25: SLO Climate Coalition presents: E-Biking 101 Virtual Webinar from 11:00 am - 1:00 pm. RSVP here: https://driveelectricweek.org/event?eventid=2865
- Sunday, 9/26: Community Environmental Council (CEC) hosts an EV Showcase at the Goleta Farmer's Market from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm. RSVP here: https://driveelectricweek.org/event.php?eventid=2944
- Tuesday, 9/28: CEC presents: EV 101 Virtual Webinar from 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm. RSVP here: cec.pub/2021-EV101.
- Thursday, 9/30: SLO Climate Coalition hosts SLO Electrify Your Life Showcase at the San Luis Obispo Farmer's Market from 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm. RSVP here: https://driveelectricweek.org/event?eventid=2894
- Saturday, 10/2: SLO Climate Coalition hosts the 4th Annual SLO EV Ride & Drive at the Madonna Inn from 9:00 am - 2:00 pm. RSVP here: https://driveelectricweek.org/event?eventid=2830
For more information about National Drive Electric Week events on the Central Coast, please check out the following link: https://sites.google.com/view/vcreandew/home.
National Drive Electric Week is presented nationally by Plug In America, Electric Auto Association, Sierra Club, and EVHybridNoire. Local sponsors include Southern California Edison, VCREA, Los Padres Chapter Sierra Club, and CEC. On the ground support and organization is being provided by the VCREA, EV Advocates of Ventura County, CEC, Air Pollution Control Districts of Ventura, Santa Barbara and SLO Counties, SLO Climate Coalition, Central Coast Clean Cities Coalition, County of Ventura, and Electric Drive 805.